Search this blog

Are you looking for a pattern? Just type the name of the character and let Google find it for you ;)

Saturday, November 5, 2016

A planner took over my week (and a link party)

I received my Quilter's Planner!! so I spent most of the week to figure out how to make it work for me :)


The Ongoing Project List:
  1. Hello Block Swap - received Nov partner info and received Oct block (see below)
  2. The SK project - one more block done (see below)
  3. Secret event (January 2017) - started stitching (cannot share yet)!
  4. Secret event (February 2017) - one more block ready (cannot share yet)
  5. Secret event (August 2017) - no progress
  6. Secret event (Jan-Nov 2017)  - no progress
  7. Xmas decorations - no progress
  8. Crochet flowers - 5 completed (see below)
  9. Bullet Journaling - working on this every day!
    migrated into my Quilter's Planner!! :)
  10. Various bags and pouches - no progress
  11. En Provence (Bonnie Hunter's mystery QAL) - no progress
The EverythingElse List:
  1. Splendid Sampler - no progress
  2. Charity Quilts for DC General Homeless Shelter project - no progress
  3. Summer Solstice QAL - no progress
    1. Mirror Mirror Afghan - no progress
    2. 70273 Project - no progress
    3. Jane T - no progress
    4. the 31000 Xs project - no progress
    5. Spirit cross stitch project - no progress
    6. Alice in Wonderland quilt - no progress
    7. As You Wish -  no progress
    8. Crazy optical illusion - no progress
    9. Memory quilt 2 - no progress
    10. Gyleen's BCP Mystery QAL - no progress
    --
    Let me start with the great block I received from Olivia (the second October partner I had for the Hello Block Swap.


    I am not really sure if we will continue with the swap in 2017...
    For me it has been pretty difficult to manage, because while many people communicate and share a lot, some people just don't seem to be too involved!

    Many people dropped out too and we have less than 15 active members (from the initial 40), so it is becoming impossible to partner up everyone with new people.

    For this reason I ask whoever is interested in keeping the swap alive in 2017 to submit their information in the following form.

    https://goo.gl/forms/ENHIIDTFg4Tn8BA53

    The basic idea for the swap is that I pair you with a different partner every month. You select the block that you want to receive and you make the block that your partner selects (following her/his color request, instructions, etc).
    Easy peasy! ONE 12'' BLOCK A MONTH!
    If I get more than 20 people in the swap, I will start it again on January 1st... otherwise I would have to step down :(

    --
    Working on Xmas presents, I made these crochet flowers for my mom. She makes some compositions and she can always use some extra flowers. I am using only the cotton I have on hand, so the colors are kind of limited, but that's better than nothing!! :)


    --
    Another book cover for my Stephen King collection is ready!
    The pattern will be on Fandom in Stitches eventually... if you need it sooner, just send me an email :)


    --
    Last, but not least, as mentioned above, I received my Quilter's Planner and I am switching to the planner for all my Bullet Journal activities.

    I don't want to comment on how it is going just yet...

    I found out that I really need time to figure out if I like something or not... rush judgments are almost always wrong for me :) for example when I opened the package I started "complaining" about how big the planner is (compared to the journal I was using previously)... after 30 minutes of flipping through the pages and after thinking how I can use it in my own way I start thinking how great is that it is so big :)

    Sometimes we resist changes for no reason other than we don't want to change ourselves... 
    and we don't want to admit that we were wrong...

    So I will share a full review of my first month of experience with the Quilter's Planner on December 1st :)

    --
    How about you? What are YOU up to?
    Link it here and share it with me!!


    1 comment:

    1. Hope the planner works - I'd be good for six months, then give up!

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you!
    Please share your thoughts on my projects with me!

    UA-37918212-1