Search this blog

Are you looking for a pattern? Just type the name of the character and let Google find it for you ;)

Saturday, June 20, 2015

Pixelling on (and a link party)

A new pixel quilt is in progress... and it's tiny!
The Ongoing Project List:
  1. SYS2015 future projects - started next project!
  2. Mirror Mirror Afghan - next block started
  3. Water Lilies (Spangled Stars Quilt-along) - backing pieced (see below)
  4. D wall hanging -  4 blocks done (see below)
  5. Block Swap Adventure - paused until next month
  6. the SK project - no progress
The EverythingElse List:
  1. Embroidery calendar - no progress
  2. Animal blocks for charity quilts - paused for a while
  3. Project of Doom 2015 @ Fandom in Stitches - paused for a while
  4. College Days Blog Hop blocks for tote/grocery bag -  no progress
  5. Alice in Wonderland quilt - no progress
  6. As You Wish -  no progress
  7. Happy Halloween wall hanging -  no progress
  8. Crazy optical illusion -  no progress
  9. Memory quilt 2 - new block started!! (see below)
  10. B quilt - no progress
--
Susan (quiltfabrication.blogspot.com) is hosting a fun Quilt Along (Spangled Stars)!!
Last week I finished the top, but I realized the piece of fabric I wanted to use for the back was just not wide enough :( So what did I do? I decided to use some of the blocks I received in my Block Swap Adventure swap and add them on the back! I picked the blocks that didn't fit too well with the others I have... nothing wrong with these blocks, but they are just not the right color or motif to play well with others... but they are great in a scrappy sampler pieced back, right?

--
Few more blocks for my D wall hanging! Blocks from the book "A Quilter's Ark". These are soooooo simple, that it takes me more time to pull the fabric from my stash than to assemble the blocks!

--
And last, but not least I am making Stan for my Memory quilt 2!
If you don't know who Stan is, you MUST check out this video



He is the most hilarious pixel character ever designed ;) I absolutely love how he keeps moving his arms and the plaid jacket is static!! :) :) old school animation!!

Anyway, I made it following Susan tutorial for the SYS series (with my own twists, as I didn't want to cut the 1050 squares, 1 inch unfinished, that compose the piece).


That is NOT a giant penny... those are tiny squares, 0.5 inches finished!!

I am very excited to see this block completed!!

--
How about you? What are YOU up to?
Link it here and share it with me!!

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you!
Please share your thoughts on my projects with me!

UA-37918212-1