Search this blog

Are you looking for a pattern? Just type the name of the character and let Google find it for you ;)

Friday, May 15, 2015

Blogger's Quilt Festival - Scrappy Quilt - Spring 2015

Gorgeous quilt, donated by Alida (tweloquilting.blogspot.com). Quilted by Marge, bound by me. Going to thelinusconnection.org on Saturday. #charityblanket #blanketcharity #quiltforgood
Dimensions: 40''x60''
Quilts for Linus, Charity Donation
Picture by Jennifer

This is my second entry for the Blogger Quilt Festival, Scrappy Quilt!
First entry here (small quilt).



If you are new around here, WELCOME!
If you have been around for a while, THANKS AND WELCOME BACK! :)

--
If you are new around here, let me just point you to my main addiction: designing and sharing for free tons of paper piecing patterns :)


As you can see from one of my old headers arrangement, I design patterns for Disney characters, Peanuts and Snoopy, Downton Abbey, Alice in Wonderland but I have many many more (Maleficent, The Simpsons, Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Betty Boop, Minions and more)!! Some of them have to be tested, some of there are tested. You can find them just navigating the different tabs or just typing the character name in the search box at the top of the page.

And my other recent endeavor is SYS 2015 (Stretch Your Skills): a monthly series of tutorials to practice in different crafts skills. Until now we had Foundation Paper Piecing, Quilting, Crochet and Pixel Quilt.


If you want to know more about the series, check out the Series Page. Links to the tutorials are there... and did I mention that you can link projects for monthly prizes? Just saying... ;)

--

Gorgeous quilt, donated by Alida (tweloquilting.blogspot.com). Quilted by Marge, bound by me. Going to thelinusconnection.org on Saturday. #charityblanket #blanketcharity #quiltforgood

Quilt number two, made by Alida (tweloquilting.blogspot.com), quilted by Marge, bound by me. For donation to thelinusconnection.org. #blanketcharity #charityblanket #quiltforgood
Pictures by Jennifer

Ok, technically the quilts are two :) but I made them together and they share the story so here it is.

All the paper pieced blocks were made by me using scraps of all size, shape and color!
That was the only rule that I gave to me for these quilts: no new fabric, only fabric from my stash and first I had to use the scraps of weird shape and size ;)

I pieced most of the blocks (except from the owls, all those are applique blocks I received in a swap last year).

The blocks are designed by many different designers: Jennifer @ sewhooked, Esther @ ipatchandquilt, Jessica, Lilja, Janeen @ quiltartdesign, Kristy, Lorna @ sewfreshquilts  (if you are interested in a particular one, just let me know, I can send you the direct link).

I pieced the quilt tops and then I send them over to Jennifer (sewhooked) to finish them up and donate them to her favorite charity (The Linus Connection, a Central Texas organization whose mission is to make and deliver handmade security blankets for children in crisis situations in that area. The blankets go to children in hospital emergency rooms, in crisis centers, in foster care, battered women's shelters, to any child who is in need of a little extra security in their lives).

So thanks to Marge (who quilted them) and Jennifer (who bound them) I can count those as finished and share them as scrappy quilts for the festival!

If you have any comment about these quilts, I would love to hear!!!
And  check out more wonderful scrappy quilts over at blogger's quilt festival!!


2 comments:

  1. Scraps are my favorite for paper piecing! I love the idea of making a quilt from the blocks, usually I just make a mini quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha! There's the cow! I always blink when I see it show up now! Did the pattern print up with numbers for you? It never does for me, so each time I have to renumber and order the sewing, each time figure out the color placement on little sections. Still, it's so cute and your quilt is precious!
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you!
Please share your thoughts on my projects with me!

UA-37918212-1