Search this blog

Are you looking for a pattern? Just type the name of the character and let Google find it for you ;)

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Three projects finished, a prize (and a link party)

A week full of finishes, and few of them can be shared!! ;)
The Ongoing List:
  1. the SK project - no progress
  2. Tea Towel challenge and PPV BOM - no progress, needs quilting!!
  3. SYS2015 future projects - next project done! cannot yet share but sooo fun!
  4. Embroidery calendar - 4 numbers done (see below)
  5. Color of the Year challenge - no progress, needs quilting!!
    (this will be my March project for a Lovely Year of Finishes)
  6. J wall hanging - dooooone! (cannot share)
  7. HST pillow - doooone (see below)
  8. Squirrel Pot Holder - dooooone (see below)
  9. Mug Rug Swap - decided on pattern
The EverythingElse List:
  1. Animal blocks for charity quilts - no progress
  2. Project of Doom 2015 @ Fandom in Stitches - no progress
  3. Reversible sewing machine cover -  no progress
  4. College Days Blog Hop blocks for tote/grocery bag -  no progress
  5. Alice in Wonderland quilt - no progress
  6. As You Wish -  no progress
  7. Happy Halloween wall hanging -  no progress
  8. Crazy optical illusion -  no progress
  9. D wall hanging -  no progress
  10. B quilt -  no progress
  11. Memory quilt 2 - no progress.
--
The HST big pillow is done, washed and all nicely wrinkled!

Big HST pillow, 28'' x 28''

I really like the how the quilting looks like (even if on the back side there are some big puckers... but it's the inside of a pillow, that will never be seen... so I didn't fix it ;) )
The geometric design of the quilting is pretty cool... it's not very visible on the front because I used black thread on black. Next time I may use grey, just to make it pop.


--
My mom really like squirrels and her birthday is approaching... so I thought that two pot-holders with squirrels would make a perfect gift! I really like how they turned out, I played with the orientation of the border to get a different vertical/horizontal effect. I will use the same fabric for another wall hanging in the future, and I wanted to see which effect I like best... and I don't know, I like both of them!! I may actually do the other binding on the bias with a 45 degrees angles ;)

Squirrel pot holders (8''x8'') pattern by Amy @ During Quiet Time
 --
I finished few numbers for my embroidery calendar... I still don't know if they will "work" because it was pretty hard to stitch the elastic in place so some of them are not perfectly centered... and I don't know if that will affect how they hang to the background... I will finish my first 8 numbers and then test them. Stay tuned for more details ;)

--
And as a last note: a friend told me that "wins come in three" and she was right!! Last week I won a giveaway from Jennifer @ Sewhooked and this is what I won!

Project and pattern by Jennifer @ Sewhooked
Isn't this amazing!! 
--
What are YOU going to link?

2 comments:

  1. I really like your HST pillow. The colors and design are wonderful. The squirrel is so cute. I think I like binding #2 best. I hope the elastic works out. If not, could you uses velcro?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the squirrels! I've got lots of them running through my life right now!
    And your everything else list looks like mine--no progress!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you!
Please share your thoughts on my projects with me!

UA-37918212-1