Search this blog

Are you looking for a pattern? Just type the name of the character and let Google find it for you ;)

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Progress, even if not much (and a link party)

This week it was better than the previous one... not full speed, but better than before! :)
And what do I do when I have an already long list of projects? I add some more ;)


The Ongoing List:
  1. the SK project - 1 block done (see below)
  2. Tea Towel challenge and PPV BOM - 1 block done (see below)
  3. SYS2015 future projects - almost finished a couple of projects (cannot share)
  4. Embroidery calendar - no progress
  5. Color of the Year challenge- no progress
  6. New project - J wall hanging - designed but it is a secret
The EverythingElse List:
  1. Animal blocks for charity quilts - some blocks tested for Esther
  2. Project of Doom 2015 @ Fandom in Stitches - no progress
  3. Reversible sewing machine cover - 4/8 blocks done
  4. College Days Blog Hop blocks for tote/grocery bag - 1 block done
  5. Alice in Wonderland quilt - 6/15 blocks done
  6. As You Wish - 8/16 blocks done
  7. Happy Halloween wall hanging - 13/32 blocks done
  8. Crazy optical illusion - 1 "row" done
  9. D wall hanging - collected some fabric and some ideas
  10. B quilt - to be designed
  11. Memory quilt 2 - designed more patterns, 1 block done (see below)
--
My first quilt was "The Sword in the Stone" quilt that I designed, pieced and quilted by myself for myself a couple of years ago. Since then I made several other quilts and projects for others, but nothing else for me. So I decided that I need another "memory quilt" because that cartoon was not the only one I loved when I was a kid ;)

So to honor Valentine's day and start this project, yesterday I released 4 patterns (one tested) of couples of my favorite cartoons/anime/games (click here if you want to see them). I will add also blocks for some other characters but the couples make a good starting point!

The first one that I made is the amazing couple of  Lupin and Fujiko (From Lupin The Third)

Pattern available in the Free patterns page

I am very pleased about how it turned out! it's pretty big (20'' square) and the batik used for Fujiko hair make it very realistic (lesson learned from the Syndrome block done for SYS2015).

This is a long term project without a final layout, but it's good sometimes to focus on something to reward myself :)

--
Esther (ipatchandquilt) designed a very cute and fun Easter set of patterns and asked if someone wanted to help her test them. Since there are animals in the set I immediately jumped in because they will be perfect for my "animal blocks charity quilts" project.

This is my chicks block:
Pattern tested for Esther (ipatchandquilt).

I found only one big problem with these guys: they are highly addictive ;)
I was planning to make one, but then I saw that she included left and right so I decided to make two... then I realized that with three the block would be square so I ended up with three (and then I forced myself to stop ;) ).
The pattern is very easy and just very cute! I think that the two facing each other would be perfect for a Valentine's mug :).
--
And another block for my PPV-TeaTowel challenge wall hanging is done! Only one more square, 2 pieced borders and the top will be done! I plan to have it completed by the end of March... let's see how it goes!
Pattern by Jennifer @ Sewhooked.com
--
And finally a new block for my SK project is ready.
Opening line of "Dolores Claiborne":

You can find the pattern on my The SK Project page.
--
And now what are YOU going to link?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you!
Please share your thoughts on my projects with me!

UA-37918212-1