Search this blog

Are you looking for a pattern? Just type the name of the character and let Google find it for you ;)

Saturday, September 20, 2014

MOP Monday - thanks and many updates

Last week I had a post where I basically asked to you - people in the blogland - "why don't you link up in my linky party?".

I was happy to see that a lot of you cared about my frustration and wanted to tell me their reasons and give me some advice. So before sharing my crafty projects, let me share what I learned:

1. the two most common reasons not to link are: technology issues (not having a blog, not having a camera, errors while linking, etc.) and time issues (not enough time in the day to interact with all the interesting blogs out there). And I totally see those are very reasonable reasons that prevent people to add links. I understand those issues and my little investigation was aimed at understanding if those issues are so common that the result is a poor participation in a linky party. It seems that (at least for my followers) those are big issues, and that will help me decide if to continue or not the effort on my side (no hard feelings if I will discontinue it... but we still have 3 trials week ahead to finish the testing phase).

2. many says that there kind of things need a lot of advertising to become big. Because I know that there are big linky party out there, so I know it's possible! :) but probably they are right: those other started small as well and it probably took a lot of time and a lot of advertising to become the way they are today. Honestly I don't have that much time myself, as I wanted this to be an "easy" way to show off your own work and inspire others. I don't do this for living so I have a limited amount of time in the day. I thought that the best way to advertise my own effort is to link in other places myself: that's what I will keep doing and then let's see how it goes.

3. you people are great! because even if you don't add your link, with the previous post you spend time to try to connect to me and because of that I started exchanging personal emails with several of you. Well, that was the point of the linky in the first place: to initiate some personal connection with my readers. So if an empty linky will cause this, then it is a successful linky after all ;)

And now enough rambling :) but thanks again to the people that shared their thoughts with me.

Now back to My Own Progress:

-- MOP: The list --
1. the SK project - 2 new blocks this week! (see below)
2. Rainbow Starburst - top dooooooooone (see below)
3. Topolino quilt - no progress (progress last week)
4. Reversible sewing machine cover - no progress (progress last week)
5. Tea Towel challenge and PPV BOM - 1 block done (see below)
6. the Z quilt - no progress
--
7. College Days Blog Hop blocks for tote/grocery bag - no progress
8. Alice in Wonderland quilt - no progress
9. As You Wish - no progress
10. Happy Halloween wall hanging - no progress
11. Crazy optical illusion - no progress
12. Convertible bag - almost done - this is my project for Sept. Lovely Year of Finishes

(Linking up at Let's Bee Social)

-- MOP: This week new blocks --
The Rainbow Starburst is done!! I finished it at night and I took the picture below. I didn't have time to take another picture with good light so this will have to be enough for now.
And my sewing helper seems to approve the final result ;)

I already have the batting, backing and plan on how to quilt it... now I just need to push myself to do it!!
--
One of my PPV block for September is done. Very easy and very fast. One more to go for my final layout.
--
For the Block Swap Adventure, my Aug partner had some issues with the postal service and some of her blocks are still on its way, lost somewhere :( but she is an amazing lady and she sent me a new batch of blocks with some extra fabric!! Charlene you are such a nice lady!! :)

These are the blocks she sent me:

And these are the blocks I made for her:

I also received the blocks for Sept and I made mine but not sent yet :( so I will share them once my partner receives them.

--
And finally we have 2 new opening line for my SK project.
I have to share my super-enthusiasm for a great method to transfer patterns on fabric: crayola washable markers!
Kate @ Thorn Trace shared on Fandom In Stitches her very through experiment.
If you want to read about it, just check it out on Fandom In Stitches.
But what I am going to say is that they are cheaper than other markers, they come in a ton of colors, they are smoother in writing on the fabric, they come off easily (see the tutorial for details), so I think it's a win-win-win-win-win situation :)
And now here are the new patterns!

--
Cujo
--
Pattern available on "The SK project" page
--
Doctor Sleep (*)
(* this is not the exact quote, I edited out a piece of the sentence to make it shorter and easy to stitch.)
--
Pattern available on "The SK project" page
--

And now what are YOU going to link?
Let the game continue (trial linky party, week 2 :) )

10 comments:

  1. What is the SK project? The text looks embroidered, are you saying it's actually crayola? Whatever it is, I like it and want to copy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, you are a no-reply blogger so I cannot answer to you directly.
      The SK project (Stephen King) is a long term project for me where I embroider and create with PP all (or many) of SK books opening line and book covers.
      They are all available for free on the SK project page, you can find the link in the post.

      And yes, the text is embroidered, I used crayola to transfer the pattern from the paper to the fabric. Then the marker is washed away and you end up with your embroidery and no traces of the marker! For more details you should read the tutorial that I linked in the post!!

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to see more pictures of your rainbow starburst quilt - What a great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your rainbow starburst. It looks great with the 3d effect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blocks! So happy to be linking up again :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry I'm late! I made it though.

    LOVE the Stephen King blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My cat is always the first to try out my pieced tops and quilts, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your rainbow star quilt is so beautiful! the "shadow" blocks behind each block give it a lot of depth!
    Thank you so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't know about your link party... now that I do, look for me to enter. LeeAnna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love your Rainbow Star quilt. Hope you won't mind if I make one similar to it. Those missing blocks still haven't shown up. Hopefully, wherever they went, they are being enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you!
Please share your thoughts on my projects with me!

UA-37918212-1